Descrição da Vaga
HURETEK is looking for a Deputy Chief of Party (DCop) to be based in Maputo.
- Oversee finances and operations to establish an effective and efficient transportation system for medical commodities at the last mile, build capacity of private sector partners, and improve the availability of medical commodities at health facilities;
- Demonstrate command of USAID-funded program management, policies, and procedures;
- Manage the project budget and prepare financial reports for submission to USAID;
- Ensure all funds expended and procurement processes comply with U.S. government regulations and policies;
- Supervise project finance and operations staff to ensure project financial and operational processes are effective and compliant;
- Implement fraud-mitigation practices and ensure effectiveness of systems to support implementation;
- Foster, maintain, and grow collaborative, productive, and effective relationships with both public and private sector stakeholders;
- Assist the Chief of Party to periodically evaluate project progress against the work plan and budget, identify issues and risks related to timely implementation, and undertake appropriate interventions to meet work-plan objectives and client requests Serve as the acting Chief of Party in the absence of the Chief of Party.
- A master’s degree in business administration, finance, economics, or a related field, and a minimum of seven years of experience in project management, or a bachelor’s degree with nine years of experience;
- Minimum of five years of experience working with U.S. government–supported projects and knowledge of financial rules and regulations at a senior level;
- Demonstrated team player with strong financial management and demonstration of professional accomplishments;
- Experience and knowledge in fiscally managing all aspects of at least one large — at least $10 million — U.S. government–funded contract or agreement;
- Strong writing and organizational skills for reporting on activity results;
- Demonstrated capacity to support and supervise staff;
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity;
- Strong oral and written communication skills in Portuguese and English.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Experience with ERP software is a requirement.
- This position requires significant travel in the province to monitor operations and supervise project staff.
How to Apply:
Please send CV and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org