Baker Hughes offers the opportunity as an experienced Buying & Procurement Specialist to join the team in Mozambique, Pemba.
- Under general supervision, manages various aspects of supplier relationships, including contract negotiations, delivery and quality performance, cost and inventory management, and customer satisfaction.
- Manages purchase order execution and product delivery, including placement of on-time schedule agreements, mitigation of billing adjustments / terminations and execution of cost reduction goals.
- May select and negotiate with approved vendors.
- May substitute items within pre-approved guidelines.
- May train lower level buyers
- Reviews bids and contracts submitted by lower level buyers before orders are placed. May substitute items without approval.
- Actively drives supplier improvement activities and supplier program reviews.
- Works to maximize production capacity in accordance with production and master schedules.
- May recommend new developments in materials and supplies.
- Fosters active daily use of continuous improvement tools to improve HS&E, quality, delivery, financial performance, employee engagement, and customer satisfaction. Handles special projects as assigned.
- Conducts all business activities in accordance with Baker Hughes Health, Safety and Environmental policies, Legal Compliance requirements and Baker Hughes Core Values.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- 4 years procurement, sourcing or similar experience.
- Order Management experience a plus
- Applies stand-alone knowledge of purchasing practices, principles and procedures.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to analyze and present statistical data
- . Knowledge of SAP.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office applications, including advanced level knowledge of Excel. Strong communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Must be able to balance multiple projects in a challenging, fast-paced work environment.
Pemba, Mozambique, Sub Sahara Mozambique.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
How to apply:
Apply Online in https://www.oilandgasjobsearch.com